2020.. The Year of Vision
Welcome to 2020. This is a special year and I’m here to tell you why. When you google “2020”, all sorts of cool facts come up…
- It’s a leap year
- Valentines Day is on a Friday
- 4th of July is on a Saturday
- Halloween is on a Saturday
- Christmas and New Years fall on Fridays
It marks several anniversaries like:
- 75th anniversary of D-Day, also known as Operation Overlord the Allies landing on Normandy beach, during World War II on June 6, 1944
- 55th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act prohibiting racial discrimination in the work place, education, and outlawed racial segregation on July 2, 1964
- 50th anniversary of the first man (Neil Armstrong) walking on the moon on July 20, 1969
- 55th anniversary of Nixon’s resignation on August 8, 1974
- 50th anniversary of the Woodstock music festival on August 15, 1969
And when we talk about vision, 20/20 is normal, not perfect, but normal. And isn’t that what most people want to be? Normal? Because when you’re normal, regardless of the circumstances, it means you fit in. A giraffe is normal around other giraffes. He would be abnormal (or dinner) around a bunch of lions. A bird is normal around other birds. But he would be abnormal (and a failure) if swimming with fish.
When we combine all of these things, I wonder what would happen if we view 2020 as the year of vision? As the year of freedom? As the year of love? What would happen if each of us does our part to ensure the health and wellness not only of ourselves but of those we love? And by the way, the fastest way to help others be happy is to be happy yourself.
So let’s celebrate and welcome this very special, very unique year. It is a time for opportunity. It is a time for hope. And it is a time for us all to do the work we are meant to do.
I believe that 2020 is magical. And I believe that you, yes YOU are magical too! Let’s light up 2020 together! Let’s light up 2020 together!
2020 (MMXX) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 20th year of the 3rd millennium, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2020s decade.